Friday 24 November 2017

Ink it! Stamp it! Blog Hop: HOLIDAY CATTY





Welcome to the Ink it! Stamp it! Blog Hop. This month we will be sharing projects inspired by our Holiday Catty, which is filled with awesome new product. The full line up below will guide through all the projects and we'd love to hear from you on what your favourite Holiday Catalogue products are and would love to see some of the projects you have created for Christmas this year.

I have decided to use the Hearts of Home stamp set and the Hometown Greetings edgelits dies for my project today. It is what I call an epic card, in the sense that it took me almost two hours to complete just one card. what should have been a simple card with layers of dies stuck on top of each other. But it certainly did not seem that way to me. 



There are a number of reason why this was an epic card:

  • I coloured in the houses, trees and the snow man
  • I decided to add lights in the windows which meant that i had to make a template of each houses and cut out a second house in yellow card stock and stick it in the back of each house 
  • Of course i had to add some snow, using the embossing paste, I added chunks of snow on the ground, on rooftops and on the trees,






Despite how long it took me to make this card, I quite like how it turned out. It was so worth the time and effort put into this project. I hope you also like what I have created.



Thank you so much for joining us today. We hope you'll join us again next month to see our (next theme) projects. I'm (your name) and to keep hopping around see the list below to see who is up next.



15 comments:

  1. Well - it has to be said that all your time and hard work has paid off! What a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Irene, your attention to detail with all those elements and layers, fantastic card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of work - but a fabulous result!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning! I mean, THIS should be in a frame, hanging at the fireplace for all to see. WOW! I can only imaging how much work this was, but the results are totally worth it! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Bobbi, you're too kind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super! I'd love to visit such a festive snow covered village for Christmas...I think this photo of your card's as close as I'm going to get!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona, you just never know, it could happen.

      Delete
  7. I don't have this set yet (next week). How did you get the other colors on your houses? How did you make your snow? I was reading about SU! Crystal Accents (ret.), and making icicles. It was awesome. I was wondering if we could make them with our embossing paste? It's coming 2nd week in Dec. Thank you so much for sharing AWESOME card with us. Happy Craftng!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gloria, appreciate you taking the time to visit. Good questions, that's the bit that took the longest time. Essentially, I made templates for each of the houses and cut out a second layer of houses in yellow. For the panels, I used the thinlits to cut out the houses in different colours, and carefully swapped the panels from the different colour houses and matched them to the ones one the card. It was a little tedious, but by that stage, I was committed to see it through. Hope that makes sense.

      Delete
    2. And yes, I did use the embossing paste as the snow.

      Delete
  8. Wow Irene, what an amazing christmas scene on your card. I can see that so much love and care has gone in to this. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete